SwaRaRaGa is a leading digital platform for talented artist to showcase their talent in Indian Art Forms in front of the world. This competition is open to all without nationality restriction falling under all age group.
Our Online competition Registration is now open for Film songs (Solo; in any Indian Language) and Indian Classical/ Contemporary Dance (Solo).
Those who wish to participate in this competition should forward their videos to us on Facebook message or send us the Video download link to email@example.com . All videos will be promoted via our Facebook page The winners will be awarded with a cash prize of INR 10000/-
Ranking is determined based upon the below criteria.
- 60% weightage for Online Facebook Likes and Shares
- 40% weightage for Judges marks.
Please read the rules, regulations, Terms and Conditions page for more details.
About Indian Classical/Contemporary Dance
Indian Classical/Contemporary dance is a genre of dance performance that incorporates elements from many styles of Indian classical dances. Due to its technical similarities, it is often perceived to be closely related to modern dance and other classical dance styles. In short, it is an improvised version of Indian classical dance incorporating modern dance styles. For Example, It can be an Indian classical dance performed on a western music. It can also be a fusion of western and classical Indian dance.
This is purely a choreographer's piece. It is the choreographer who makes the creative decisions and decides whether the piece is abstract or narrative. The choreography is determined based on its relation to the music or sounds that is danced to. The role of music in Indian classical contemporary dance is different from in traditional classical dance because it serves as the backdrop to the piece. The choreographer has absolute liberty over the costumes and it's aesthetic value over the overall composition.
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility Criteria: Open to any person without nationality restrictions. The performance should be of Indian Style.
- Ranking is determined based upon the below criteria.
- 60% weightage for Online Facebook Likes on Swararga page.
- 40% weightage for Judges marks.
- Registrations will be accepted only through Facebook Message or via Video download link send to firstname.lastname@example.org . The name in full, date of birth, contact number, email, address, events participating, etc. should be registered latest by published last date.
- The information you provide will be used for this competition and promotion of SwaRaRaGa and will be shared on SwaRaRaGa digital platforms including but not limited to Website, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- The Organizers reserves the right to disqualify a participant if he or she has provided false personal data
- All events are common for male and female participants. Group events may be performed jointly or separately among males and females
- Please see Annexure 1&2 for the maximum duration of each performing event,
- Participants may be disqualified if found to be disrespectful which includes, but is not limited to, acts or conducts such as using profane or inappropriate language or gestures, and baiting or taunting an opponent which is intended to demean others on the basis of race, religion, gender, etc.
- Karaoke track can be used for singing competition, but singings using online music apps are not allowed.
- Judgment shall be based on pre-defined criteria for all events. Criteria will be published on the SWARARAGA Website and will be provided to the jury. The verdict of the jury will be final and unquestionable.
- Any queries regarding the judgment during the entire SWARARAGA event should be placed to the Judgment Committee Convener. Participants or their parents/guardians are not allowed to contact any jury member regarding judgment issues.
- Participants under 18 are required to obtain parental/guardian’s consent and complete the relevant Participation-cum-Consent to Disclaimer Forms.
- By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that SWARARAGA or anyone acting on behalf of SWARARAGA shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, videos, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. Without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- By entering this contest, you represent and warrant that your entry does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of SWARARAGA. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SWARARAGA from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which SWARARAGA may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- SWARARAGA Program Committee reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these Terms & Conditions of the Competition from time to time
- Any update on the Competition rules will be only notified on the SWARARAGA website.
- SWARARAGA reserves the right to change Venue, vary timings and Voting period if necessary.
- All approved Entries considered for initial audition will be posted on the SWARARAGAOfficalYoutube Channel SwaRaRaGa Website and SwaRaRaGa Facebook Page and will be subject to voting during the Voting Period
- SWARARAGA’s decision in relation to all matters affecting the voting listed below is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The votes each Performance receives are subject to verification by SWARARAGA Administrators, and must meet all eligibility requirements before confirmed as a winner of the prize.
- No weightage will be given to the Dislikes to any performance on selecting a winner.
- SWARARAGA and its authorized contractors, reserve the right to verify the validity of all votes and to disqualify any performance that SWARARAGA determines has tampered with the voting process or in the opinion of SWARARAGA engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct, a conduct damaging to the goodwill, integrity or reputation of the SWARARAGA Awards or SWARARAGA.
- If for any reason this voting process is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of SWARARAGA, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the voting process, then SWARARAGA reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the voting process
- If for any reason, the voting process is interrupted in any way, or for any other reason that SWARARAGA determines in its sole discretion to be reasonably necessary, SWARARAGA reserves the right to select the winner, taking into consideration the number of votes received until the time of the interruption or cancelation of the voting process and the judge’s marks.
- SWARARAGA and its associated agencies, members and sponsors, will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the voting process except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- SWARARAGA reserve the right to collect personal information about the voter for the purposes of conducting this public voting process, if required, as a security feature to minimize voter fraud.
- SWARARAGA reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time
Classical Contemporary Dance
Indian Classical Contemporary dance is a genre of dance performance that incorporates elements from many styles of Indian classical dances. It is an improvised version of Indian classical dance incorporating modern dance styles or music. For Example, it can be an Indian classical dance performed on a western music. It can also be a fusion of western and classical Indian dance.
Indian classical Contemporary is purely a choreographer's piece. It is the choreographer who makes the creative decisions and decides whether the piece is an abstract or a narrative one. The choreography is determined based on its relation to the music or sounds that is danced to. The role of music in Indian classical contemporary dance is different from in traditional classical piece because it can serve as a backdrop to the piece. The choreographer has absolute liberty over the costumes and its aesthetic value over the overall composition.
This most popular form of dance which does not have any rules and rigors. It follows Indian classical dance steps and can certainly have elements of Indian folk-dance steps and western dance too. The Song/Music can be from any Indian Film/Band/Album/Classical Fusion.
This dance shall be performed as Solo
- Theme and Content
- Facial Expressions, Gestures and Steps
- Power and Dynamics
- Overall Impression
Solo Song (Filmy) with karaoke music
Karaoke track can be used for singing competition, but singings using online music apps are not allowed.
The Song/Music can be from any Indian Film/Band/Album.
Songs can be of any style but should be from Indian Film/Band/Album.
Songs in any Indian languages may be used.
- Sruthi (Pitch)
- Thalam (Beat)
- Layam/Bhavam (Feel) & Sangathi (Nuances)
- Synchronization (vocal with Karaoke)
- Pronunciation: Performer pronounce words with clarity
- Accent: Performer emulate a native-like accent
- Correctness: Performer sings the lyrics accurately
- Presentation and Overall Impression